ABOVE PHOTO: Featuring a bold and refined new look, the completely redesigned 2018 Chevrolet Traverse is built of style and purpose. The all-new Traverse offers customers best-in-class cargo space and convenience features that make loading and unloading a breeze.
By Catherine Hicks
I recently took a weekend road trip with four of my grandchildren and another adult to Hershey Park, Pennsylvania. For most people, the idea of riding in a car with two toddlers and two pre-teens for more than an hour would surely mean you are asking for trouble — this was my sentiment also.
I had already prepared myself to hear the back and forth predictable comments from my pre-teens, like ”Stop touching me!”, “She’s looking at me!” and “How much longer before we get there?” I also knew my toddlers would be screaming to get out of their car seats or whining for juice and a snack. Well….that was not the case during this trip! This time, I chose the new Chevrolet Traverse for my weekend outing. The 2018 Traverse has a new look inspired by Chevy’s full-size SUVs and crossovers. The completely redesigned Traverse also offers technologies to keep passengers of all ages comfortable, connected and happy!
And it did just that — a smooth ride with state-of-the-art amenities for today’s technology. Its 4.2-inch display for driver information made navigation a breeze. The tri-zone automatic climate control kept the temperature cool for everyone. Another key feature that I really enjoyed was the wireless cell phone charger. You lay your phone on the charging station and it charges without having to use the usual wire jack.
The Chevy Traverse seats up to 8 and was super comfortable for everyone. I was very impressed with the cargo space for our luggage and bags, even with all three-passenger rows in use. My two toddlers sat in the second row, which offers split folding captain’s chairs, with the smart slide feature for easy access for car seats and getting to the third row. My two pre-teens sat in the third row with plenty of legroom for both. With cup holders for drinks and multiple jacks for charging their media devices, they were quiet for the entire ride to Hershey.
During our trip, we experienced torrential wind and rain while on the road. The Chevy Traverse’s front automatic braking with intelligent brake assist handled the slippery roads.
I would highly recommend the Traverse for anyone who enjoys the luxury ride of a car, but needs the space of an SUV, truck or minivan. The car is great on gas with its V-6 turbo engine. Its safety features include air bags with frontal and side-impact to protect both the driver and front passenger and surround vision. These features made me feel secure as I drove my family to and from Hershey.
Despite all the rain, I must say that we all thoroughly enjoyed what Hershey Park had to offer, from the stay at the Hershey Lodge, to the theme park and the Hershey factory. It was a memorable trip and we will return…. driving a Chevy Traverse!
2018 CHEVROLET TRAVERSE
The 2018 Traverse is the fourth updated crossover or SUV from Chevrolet within a year, joining the Trax, Bolt EV and Equinox.
$30,875 (incl. destination)
EPA VEHICLE CLASS
NEW FOR 2018 (partial listings)
- Wrapped in bold and refined styling, the completely redesigned Traverse offers technologies to help keep passengers of all ages and lifestyles comfortable and connected
- Expected best-in-class third-row legroom, maximum cargo room and passenger volume
- Enhanced roster of available active safety features
- A new look inspired by Chevrolet’s full-size SUVs, with purposeful proportions complemented by premium cues such as chrome accents, LED signature lighting and available D-Optic LED headlamps
- Two new trim levels: the sporty RS and luxurious High Country
- New split-folding second-row seat and second-row captain’s chairs improve on the Traverse’s original Smart Slide® feature. The curbside seat is capable of tipping up and sliding forward, even with a forward-facing child seat in place, to provide open and easy access to the third row
- New Traction Mode Select is standard on all models and allows the driver to make real-time adjustments to the vehicle’s driving mode to account for varying road conditions
- Offered in L, LS, LT (Cloth and Leather trims), RS, Premier and High Country models, with AWD available
- Seating for up to eight
- Standard 3.6L V-6, with a 2.0L turbo engine offered with the RS model
- Air bags include frontal and side-impact for driver and front passenger, driver inboard seat-mounted side-impact and head-curtain side-impact for all rows in outboard seating positions
- Standard rear-view camera system
- Surround Vision with rear camera mirror is standard on LT Leather, RS, Premier and High Country
For more information about the Traverse go to https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/Traverse/2018.html