ABOVE PHOTO: Skytop Lodge Poconos (Photo: Pocono Mountains Vistors Bureau)
Visitors Bureau encourages guests to “Free You”
POCONO MOUNTAINS, Pa.-– With the warm summer months quickly approaching, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau (PMVB) is excited to announce a new marketing campaign, ways to win prizes and a new partnership with National Geographic.
Here are five things to know about the Pocono Mountains this summer:
1. Free You. The PMVB launched a new marketing and advertising campaign that will run on billboards, transit, television and online in the New York and Philadelphia areas. The cooperative advertising campaign, entitled Free You, encourages people to take a step back from their busy everyday lives and enjoy the freeing experiences you can only find in the Pocono Mountains.
2. Holiday Plans. Kick off the summer in the Pocono Mountains. The PMVB’s newly launched blog provides travelers with insider tips about events and attractions in the Pocono Mountains.
3. Get Social. Follow PoconoTourism of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for chances to win exciting Pocono Mountains prizes all summer long. Catch weekly Snapchat stories showcasing the region’s best hiking spots, dining options, outdoor recreation and behind the scenes of some of the area’s favorite attractions. Be a part of the conversation by using #PoconoMtns when sharing pictures.
4. Can’t Miss. The Pocono Mountains summer calendar is full. There will be fairs and outdoor festivals, adventure sports including the Warrior Dash and Wally Man Triathlon, three exciting weekends of NASCAR and IndyCar and plenty of fireworks to keep you busy all summer.
5. National Geographic. The PMVB teamed up with other destinations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York and National Geographic to create the Scenic, Wild Delaware River Geotourism Project. The interactive map guide will help travelers build trip itineraries as they journey through the upper and middle Delaware River.
For more information about things to do and places to stay in the Pocono Mountains this summer visit PoconoMountains.com.
About the Pocono Mountains
With 2,400 square miles encompassing Pennsylvania’s Carbon, Monroe, Pike and Wayne counties, the Pocono Mountains region is home to rolling mountain terrain, breathtakingly beautiful waterfalls, thriving woodlands and 170 miles of winding rivers. Winters offer guests the opportunity to ski, snowboard, snow tube and even snowshoe their way through snowy wonderlands encompassing over 163 ski trails, while summers also cater to the active traveller allowing exploration of 261miles of hiking and biking trails, over 30 golf courses, whitewater rafting, boating, fishing and open access to nine state and two national parks.
Pocono Mountains visitor information is available online at PoconoMountains.com or by phone at 800-POCONOS (800-762- 6667). Follow @PoconoTourismPR on Twitter to stay current with up-to-date information. Established in 1934, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau is a private, non-profit, membership organization. The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau is the official destination marketing organization for the four counties of Carbon, Monroe, Pike and Wayne in northeastern Pennsylvania.