It’s that time of year again! That time of year when many resolve to be fit in the New Year. You may have made the same resolution last year, or the year before. And while New Year’s Resolutions tend to seem impossible, you can stick with your fitness goals.
Personal trainer and fitness guru Tommie Knight (of Knight’s Personal Fitness) has a few tips on making sure you see results and see a new you in the New Year.
1. Don’t wait until the New Year. If you really want to make a change, do it now!
2. Do not start in groups. You are more like to quit if your friend quits, or skip workouts if they skip. Do it for yourself.
3. Be consistent. You have to want it bad enough to stick with the plan. It’s not going to be easy, but it is going to be worth it. If you can stay committed for the first 3 months, you can see real change.
4. Challenge yourself! Do not let cold weather, the holidays, or other excuses keep you from following through on your fitness plan.
5. Nutrition is extremely important. Most people underestimate the importance of clean eating. If you don’t eat clean you will lose weight, but you won’t lose inches.
Knight recommends not eating any bread and no carbs after 3PM. “If you understood what these foods did to you, you wouldn’t eat them,” he says.
Knight’s Personal Fitness specializes in body transformations. Most of his clients come to him after years of failed fitness plans. For those who feel they don’t have the discipline to stay committed long enough to see real results Knight recommends making a sacrifice to be able to afford a personal trainer. Two or three months of working out with a personal trainer will allow you to learn various techniques and build your commitment to the fitness plan. “If you haven’t been able to stick with the plan before, you probably won’t now. You can turn off the DVDs, you can’t turn off a trainer.”
Knights Personal Fitness offers personal training sessions starting at just $60 per week. They also offer virtual training for those not in the Philadelphia area. Knight’s Personal Fitness provides meal plans, and an on-call nutritionist to all of their clients. “Without the meal plans, we wouldn’t be able to guarantee results”. Most KPF clients see results in three months. “The results”, Knight says, “are what makes people stick with it. Once you see results you know you can do it.”
One final tip Tommie has for those resolving to get fit this year. “Never, ever quit! Quitting only means that you have to start over again.”
Knight’s Personal Fitness is located at 3824 Jasper Street, Philadelphia, PA 19124. In addition to personal training sessions, the gym also offers several classes. For more information visit www.knightspersonalfitness.com