“It’s all about the film”. The Urban Suburban Film Festival (USFF) announces the return of the renowned festival to Philadelphia’s City Line corridor for three days of select film screenings, exclusive filmmaking workshops, & insightful panel discussions with industry leaders from Friday, June 24, 2011 through Sunday, June 26, 2011.
Designed to unite emerging artists, filmmakers, industry leaders, movie aficionados, and the community, the Urban Suburban Film Festival “is truly a international event, with all invited to participate” said Festival Co-Founder & Chief Executive George Clifford Blackmon.
In addition to screening up to 80 original films, the 2011 Festival will include several headline events including:
- USFF Premiere of “The Heritage & Architecture of St Croix”, an original production by BET & E! Host Cathy SitaRam.
- USFF Debut of ‘”1-in-3″, a drama exposing the scourge of domestic violence against women in the United States.
- “Dreamcatchers” Panel featuring actresses Vanessa Bell Calloway (“Hawthorne”), Tisha Campbell (“My Wife and Kids”), & Janette Smith (DIY TV).
- Bahamas International Film Festival Day in Philadelphia, on June 26, featuring 14 films from the Caribbean Island.
- Exclusive workshops on Music Video Productions, Reality/Live Remote Productions, & Visual Special Effect Creation
Hosted on the “City Line” Corridor, the Delaware Valley’s established hub for television, radio, and media production, the 2011 Festival will be headquartered at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 4010 City Line Avenue, with themed events held along the corridor including our premiere reception at Saks’ Fifth Avenue’s Bala Cynwyd Store on Friday, June 24.
A panel of noted film editors and industry producers is working to select and finalize the roster of films to be featured during the 2011 Festival. A final roster of films will be released prior to the festival opening in order to accommodate as many diverse films, from as many places as possible. With most events, and all screenings open to the public, “Our festival is truly all about the film and the people who make them”, added Blackmon. Tickets for all festival screenings and special events will be available beginning April 1, 2011 at urbansuburbanfilmfestival.com
USFF’s mission is to encourage creative filmmaking, artistic development, & the promotion of economic resources within our respective communities. Major Sponsors of the 2011 Urban Suburban Film Festival include: Citibank, Employee Benefits Consulting Services, MoMac Media, Cruzan Rum, Bahamas International Film Festival, and Mirror Media Solutions.