Called the Cohort II – The Internship is a highly-competitive internship opportunity where two teams participate in a 12-week competition that 1) helps them develop key project management skills, 2) provides engagement with local business leaders, and 3) offers various incentives and prizes for winning teams.
In addition, top performers will receive one-on-one time with local leaders and are offered an internship and the opportunity to serve as the team leader for the next cohort.
All participants receive a weekly stipend and/or college credits.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who enjoys talking to people, understands the value of a customer, has a pleasant and positive attitude, and is a bit obsessed with social media.
What You Will Learn:
• How to create a long term strategic plan and marketing calendar.
• Relationship building from a diverse group that ranges from Philadelphia’s top business leaders to AACC Young Professionals.
• How to effectively engage our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
• How to track membership growth and social media analytics using HootSuite, Constant Contact and other software, and report results and new ideas to our team.
Plenty of opportunities to network with business leaders across the region.
While we look for students who really enjoy what they do, the following would be a plus:
• Background in Marketing, Communication, non-profit management or other related discipline.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Creative and Flexible.
• Familiarity with social networking sites desired.
• Interested in the issues of advocacy and policy that support business development in the region.
• Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, a master of social media, and learn tactics that build effective, long-lasting relationships. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit, for-profit, political and marketing field.
Apply to this link: http://origin.library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1103196797498-756/The+Internship+Application.pdf
Deadline for applications is Friday, July 25, 2014.