• Current route continues between Chestnut Hill and Center City using Germantown Ave. and 12th St.
• Walnut St. will be last Center City stop on 12th St.
• New layover point will be on 11th St. between Market and Filbert
• Customers may ride on the bus to the new layover point but there will not be any pick up stops on Locust or 11th St. before Market St.
New Route 45
• Will serve portion of current Route 23 that operates between Broad & Oregon and 11th St. at Noble St.
• Noble St. near 12th St. will become the new Route 45 layover.
Why is This Happening?
Splitting the very long 13.8 mile Route 23 into two shorter routes will enhance the ability to maintain the schedule headway and improve travel reliability and predictability.
What if I Have to Transfer?
A small number of customers will need to transfer between the routes to complete their trips.
Making this connection will be easy:
Weekly/Monthly SEPTA Pass Cash, Token
One Day Independence Pass One Day Convenience Pass
• Re-swipe your Pass on your connecting bus • Request Emergency
Route 23 Transfer from Operator when exiting either a Route 23 or 45 bus
The transfer zone for Route 23 & 45 will each have a printed timetable and scheduled information available on the SEPTA website and on the SEPTA iPhone and Android apps. As you’ll see, current service levels will remain or be enhanced.