SEPTA’s new “Lifeline Service Schedule” begins today Thursday Aprol 9 operating with limited lines and routes. SEPTA is now asking all riders to wear masks or other facial coverings, consistent with new CDC guidelines, to protect both riders and operators.
Access to stations will be limited, and SEPTA police will engage customers to ensure that they are traveling for essential purposes. The new limited schedules are focused on providing access to hospitals, grocery stores and other life-sustaining services. The Lifeline Service Schedule will provide core services for essential travel, control access to the system and further focus cleaning efforts to protect the health and safety of customers and employees.
Buses, subways, and trolleys that are in service will continue to follow Saturday schedules, and available Regional Rail service will run every two hours.
- Market-Frankford Line: Select stations will be closed (Church, Tioga, Somerset, York-Dauphin, 2nd Street, 5th Street, 13th Street, 56th Street, 63rd Street and Millbourne). Service will operate on a Saturday schedule 7 days a week, except between 1:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. when service is suspended.
- Cashiers will not accept cash – please purchase a Quick Trip at a Station Fare Kiosks
- Broad Street Line/Broad-Ridge Spur: Select stations will be closed (Tasker-Morris, Lombard-South, Spring Garden, Fairmount, Susquehanna-Dauphin, Wyoming, Logan and Chinatown). Service will operate on a Saturday schedule 7 days a week, except between 1:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. when service is suspended.
- Cashiers will not accept cash – please purchase a Quick Trip at a Station Fare Kiosk
- Buses: Service will be limited to approximately 60 core routes. SEPTA prioritized routes that provide access to essential services, as well as those with connections to the Broad Street, Market-Frankford Lines and Regional Rail.
- Rear door boarding remains in effect with vehicle capacity limits to encourage social distancing
- Regional Rail: Service on six lines will be suspended and two others shortened.
- No service on the Chestnut Hill East, Chestnut Hill West, Cynwyd, Manayunk/Norristown, West Trenton and Wilmington Newark Lines.
- Service on two additional lines will be truncated:
- Paoli/Thorndale: Service will only operate between Center City and Malvern
- Lansdale/Doylestown: Service only operate between Center City and Lansdale
- Airport Line service will be reduced from hourly trips to every two hours.
- Trolleys: Select stations in Center City and West Philadelphia will be closed ( 13th Street, 19th Street, 33rd Street and 36th Street). The Route 101 Trolley will continue to operate with bus service, and the Route 102 remains suspended. Service will operate on a Saturday schedule 7 days a week
- Norristown High Speed Line: No additional changes with this new schedule. Service will operate on a Saturday schedule 7 days a week
Customers should check https://www.septa.org/ for full details.