Coming Soon: Volunteer Opportunities
The Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee for the Democratic National Convention continues to need volunteers and will begin engaging registered volunteers more in early 2016. If you have not yet registered and would like to sign up to be a volunteer, please do so here. You can also email [email protected] with any related questions.
In Case You Missed Our Recent Business Outreach Events…
This fall, the Host Committee and the Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) held a series of business engagement events, and both organizations are thrilled with the turnout at each event:
- More than 700 business owners registered for the October 27th tele-town hall discussing business engagement opportunities;
- More than 400 people registered for the November 12th webinar, which took business owners through the process of signing up for the 2016 Vendor Directory; and
- Most recently, nearly 300 people registered for the November 16th Business Community Outreach Meeting to hear directly from Convention leadership, including Democratic National Convention Committee CEO Rev. Leah Daughtry, Mayor Michael Nutter, and Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee Executive Director Kevin Washo, about the preparations and vendor needs for the Convention.
The Host Committee and DNCC enjoyed hearing from everyone who attended these events and hope all who participated found them to be informative.
If you missed any of the business outreach events, the information that was discussed can be found on the Host Committee’s website, www.phldnc.com, including:
- A Business Engagement FAQ, found here.
- A full transcript of the tele-town hall, found here.
- The webinar slideshow and script, found here.
- A full transcript of the webinar, including the Q&A following the slideshow presentation, found here.
- A voice-over version of the webinar, with audio and visual, found here.
The Convention team’s business engagement efforts have generated a lot of attention and praise from the local business community as well as the following local press stories:
If you have any questions that are not answered in the documents posted online, feel free to reach out to [email protected], and someone from the Convention team will respond to you as promptly as possible. If you have not yet joined the 2016 Vendor Directory and would like to be included in that database, please register here.
The Host Committee and DNCC will continue to engage the business community through a variety of events in the coming months and look forward to hearing from local vendors and suppliers as they continue to prepare for the Democratic National Convention next July.