The Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee for the Democratic National Convention announced a Transportation Services Request for Proposal to transport 35,000-50,000 credentialed Convention participants, including delegates, media and affiliated guests, in and around Philadelphia for the 2016 Democratic National Convention. This vendor will be required to provide vehicle transportation and transportation management services for the Democratic National Convention Committee and the Host Committee for all official Convention and Convention-related events.
“Transportation is a critical component to ensuring a smooth, safe, and successful Convention,” said Kevin Washo, Executive Director of the Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee. “Not only will transportation service providers be an integral part of this historic event, but they will also be exposed to Convention participants from across the country and around the world. I encourage all interested transportation vendors, including diverse and minority suppliers, to register to the 2016 Vendor Directory and submit a response to this RFP.”
The full scope of the transportation RFP, including the RFP itself and supplemental documents and information, can be found here. All vendors seeking to respond to the RFP must register for inclusion in the 2016 Vendor Directory.
Vendors interested in responding to the RFP must submit a formal “intent to bid” by Wednesday, December 23; final proposals are due on January 15, 2016.
Transportation vendors will be required to provide a variety of transportation-related services, including:
• Supplying vehicles to transport approximately 35,000-50,000 credentialed Convention participants to the Wells Fargo Center, where the Convention activities will take place, Pennsylvania Convention Center, and other venues where Convention-related events will be held. All vehicles must conform with Americans with Disabilities Act requirements, among other guidelines;
• Developing a comprehensive transportation plan to and from more than 90 hotels in and around the Philadelphia area as well as to and from various Convention-sponsored events;
• Providing on-site operation support and staff;
• Creating maps and diagrams for each pick-up and drop-off area;
• Developing and submitting routes;
• Developing contingency plans;
• Planning for equipment needs, such as barricades, radios, cones, matrix board, etc.;
• Vehicle movements;
• Liaising with Host Committee and DNCC vendors;
• Determining the number and types of transportation signage; and
• Producing and providing ongoing reports as well as detailed post-event reports.
• Vendors submitting responses to the RFP may bid on one or several parts of it: they can bid only on the portion requesting transportation services, the portion requesting transportation management, or both. They can also bid on providing services for the weekend events leading up to the Convention, to fulfill transportation needs for just the four days of the actual Convention, or both.
Diversity contracting is a priority for the Democratic National Convention Committee and the Host Committee; a goal of the 2016 Convention is to make unprecedented improvements in outreach, inclusion and use of diverse businesses at the event. To that end, the two organizations encourage vendors owned by minorities, women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of the LGBT community as well as vendors who contract with members of organized labor unions to respond to the RFP. Vendors should demonstrate that they took reasonable steps to incorporate diverse businesses or suppliers in their final proposal.
The 2016 Democratic National Convention’s diversity policy strengthens the contracting targets for the event to 35 percent and includes new certifications for LGBT-owned businesses.
Transportation services contract(s) will be awarded the week of February 15, 2016.