Join Bebashi as we celebrate the 2nd Annual White Linen Party fundraiser at the Kimmel Center in Center City Philadelphia. This event will be sponsored by Embacy Entertainment Productions and Coos Sports Bar & Lounge and will be hosted by Radio One’s Tiffany Bacon. Proceeds will benefit Bebashi programs.
For more information call 215-769-3561 x132.
Bebashi’s Breast Health 101
Why Receive a Mammogram?
- 1 in 8 women will develop beast cancer in their lifetime.
- Caucasian women have the greatest risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- African-American women have the greatest risk of dying from breast cancer.
- Women with a family history of breast cancer (on either the maternal or paternal side) are at an increased risk of developing breast cancer.
- Drinking more than one alcoholic drink daily
- Beginning your menstrual cycle before the age of 12
- Menstrual cycles that have not ceased by the age of 50
- Being overweight post meopause
- Having your first child after the age of 30
Signs and Symptoms
- Lump on the breast or underarm which is present after a menstrual cycle
- Pain or tenderness of the breast(s)
- Flattening or indentation of the breast(s)
- Changes in the appearance (i.e. shape, size, color) of the breast(s) or nipple(s)
- Discharge from the nipple(s)
What can you do?
- Beginning at age 20, women should learn and practice regular monthly breast self-exams.
- Women in their 20s and 30s should receive clinical breast exams every 3 years.
- At age 40, women should begin receiving regular yearly mammograms.
- Women with higher risks for developing breast cancer should speak with their doctors about the pros and cons of beginning early screenings and having additional testing (i.e. breast ultrasounds or MRIs).
- Any changes to the breast should be immediately reported to a doctor.
If you have concerns about your breast health or would like us to do a presentation for your group, please feel free to contact our Breast Cancer Coordinator Tynisha Davis at 215-769-3561 x151 or at [email protected] Get all of the information that you need and learn how to qualify for a free gift. We look forward to hearing from you!