Image

2:23 PM / Thursday April 2, 2020

29 Sep 2017

Megyn Kelly’s ‘Today’ show debuts lower than Tamron Hall and Al Roker’s hour last year

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
September 29, 2017 Category: Entertainment Posted by:

ABOVE PHOTO:  Megyn Kelly

shadowandact.com

Image

The ratings are in, and Megyn Kelly’s hour on Today had good ratings debut, with 2.93 million people tuning in.

While the ratings for Megyn Kelly Today were okay, they were down compared to the NBC time slot last year, which was occupied by Tamron Hall and Al Roker’s portion of the show, called “Today’s Take.”

Though it’s still too early to see how Kelly’s show will pan out overall when it comes to ratings, in comparison to the same hour last year, “Megyn Kelly Today” was down 4 percent in overall audience, down 11 percent in the news demo and down 15 percent in female news-demo viewers (the show’s target).

“Today’s Take”

It is worth noting that this day last year was the first debate for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, so that may have contributed to higher ratings. Or maybe viewership has gone down since then, and Kelly may have something to do with it.

When compared to last Monday’s “Today” hour, Kelly is up however, 12 percent overall and 8 percent in the news demo. Kelly’s hour is expected to beat its competitor in the timeslot, “Live with Kelly and Ryan.”

The ratings news comes after a Page Six report that “NBC Insiders are confused” about Kelly’s show.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Leave a Comment

Recent News

Commentary

A Millennial Voice: When expression becomes sound — an interview with the artist known as PUNCHBAG

March 27, 2020

Tweet Share Pin Email By Danae Reid Independent and underground artistry has been prevalent for years. With...

Food And Beverage

A Comfort Food Classic

March 27, 2020

Tweet Share Pin Email CULINARY.NET ’Tis the season for comfort foods, and this recipe with crumbled bacon...

Entertainment

Boomerang Season 2: A One On One with Leland B. Martin

March 28, 2020

Tweet Share Pin Email By Kharisma McIlwaine New Jersey native, Leland B. Martin has been making waves...

Week In Review

Justices toss decision in media mogul’s discrimination case

March 27, 2020

Tweet Share Pin Email ABOVE PHOTO: Byron Allen (Photo: Shutterstock) ASSOCIATED PRESS  WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme...

Sun Report

Election limbo as coronavirus outbreak upends US primaries

March 27, 2020

Tweet Share Pin Email ABOVE PHOTO: Early voters cast their ballots at the Frank P. Zeidler Municipal...

Health

UPDATE: Philadelphia confirms 360 new coronavirus cases, bringing total to 1,675; 15 deaths

April 1, 2020

Tweet Share Pin Email PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health announced Wednesday afternoon 360 additional...

The Philadelphia Sunday Sun Staff