ABOVE PHOTO: David Charles, AKA The Illest Illustrator, from Baltimore.
The 26th Annual Philadelphia International Art Expo is a three day indoor/outdoor art event along the 7100 – 7200 blocks of historic Germantown Avenue in the city’s Mt Airy neighborhood running Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, October 14, 15 and 16; Friday and Saturday, 10 AM to 7 PM and Sunday, 10 AM to 6 PM
Artist and sponsor booths will be placed up and down historic Germantown Avenue from Mt.Pleasant St. to Allens Lane.
This is an Expo of popular world art and the art of living well, combining unique visual art with an opportunity to meet and network with a diverse group of visual and craft artists in a setting that is exciting and multifaceted. This event features over 150 art and craft exhibitors / vendors from 45 states and six countries including the many shops and businesses along the avenue.
Expo is presented by October Gallery, which is celebrating 26 years in the art industry and has operated a physical art gallery in Philadelphia since 1985. Its current location is 6353 Greene Street, Philadelphia, PA 19144.
Call (215) 629-3939 or visit the website www.mtairyartexpo.com
- The Expo is comprised of these components:
- The Art Expo (3 days of art exhibitors 7000-7200 Blocks Germantown Ave)
- Musical Concerts (Breakwater;UGO-Urban Guerilla Orchestra;George Fox;Denise King)
- Poetry Slam (Art of Spoken Word @7165 Germantown Ave.)
- Wellness Evolution (Wellness and Health Pavilion 7100 Germantown Ave)
- Travel Pavilion (Presenting vacation/travel information)
- Brazilian Artists Pavilion (8 artists from Brazil)
- Book Authors Pavilion (10 writers and 5 poets)
About 150 exhibitors will participate representing 45 states and 6 countries. Meet in person: Joyce Lomax of Atlanta and David Charles from Baltimore. Also, meet Cal Massey from New Jersey, Annie Lee of Las Vegas, Edwin Lester from Wilmington and Frank Frazier from Dallas. Many local artists sucn as Raymond Holman, David Lawrence and Ominihu will be exhibiting. The art of world famous visual artists Romare Bearden, Andrew Turner and Diego Rivera will be represented.