PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Department of Public Health today announced 522 additional presumptive confirmed cases of COVID-19 novel coronavirus in Philadelphia. That brings the number of confirmed cases to 5,793.
The Department of Public Health again noted clusters of positive cases in congregate settings, including nursing homes, behavioral health facilities, and the Department of Prisons. Five additional inmates have tested positive, bringing the current total of positive cases at correctional facilities to 64.
The Health Department confirmed 33 additional fatalities in Philadelphia. This brings the number of residents who have succumbed to the virus in Philadelphia to 137. Sixty-seven (49%) of the 137 deaths are in long-term care facility residents. Eighty-nine (65%) of the deaths were people over age 70.
The Department of Public Health reports 717 patients with COVID-19 are currently being treated in Philadelphia hospitals, with a total of 1,231 people hospitalized in the region (including Philadelphia).
Testing Sites: The testing site at Citizens Bank Park will not open today due to weather conditions, and will not reopen. Remaining testing kits will be redistributed to other sites to expand their capacity, and any personal protective equipment (PPE) will be used to support hospitals and long-term care facilities.
The City-run location in Center City, announced last week, will continue to serve those who are over the age of 50 and are displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 coronavirus, as well as health care workers who are displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 coronavirus. The site is available by appointment only and a referral is required. Those who meet the criteria and want a test can call (267) 491-5870 to obtain a referral.
There are also more than 20 private testing sites across the city run by hospital systems and other organizations.
- City’s COVID-19 homepage: phila.gov/covid-19.
- COVID-19 resources translated in multiple languages.
- Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Helpline: 1 (800) 722-7112.
- Residents can text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to get updates sent to their phones.
- Citizens Bank Community-Based Testing Site is operational daily pending inclement weather. Find out more about testing for COVID-19.
- Updates and guidance for Philadelphia employees and employers.
- Information and resources for workers.
- The PHL COVID-19 Fund continues to solicit donations to aid nonprofits that are on the frontline of the pandemic.
- For Businesses:
- Business owners or managers who have questions about the restrictions in the City’s latest Business Activity and Stay at Home Order can email [email protected].
- L&I guidance on construction work following City Business Activity and Stay at Home Order.
- The City is extending filing and payment dates for Real Estate and some business taxes.
- Additional resources for businesses can be found here.