By Danae Reid
Studies show that positive self-talk is imperative if you want to lead a beautiful and fruitful life.
I’ve always known what positive affirmations were, but didn’t seriously begin employing them until 2016. Life has become much more unpredictable and unbearable than we could’ve imagined possible, so I wanted to share a list of 20 affirmations that will help you get through even your weakest moments:
1. I am worthy of the love and the abundance that I crave. No one is more deserving of a beautiful life than I am.
2. I have worked hard and am seeing the fruits of my labor unfold in front of me. Everything that I’ve worked for is actively coming to fruition.
3. Everyday, I am getting closer and closer to achieving my goals… The process may have been ugly, but the end result will be more than worth it.
4. I am a powerful being. I know that if I can create the world I desire within my mind, I can make it so in the real world.
5. I am constantly doing things that make me happy. Feeling good about myself is my first priority.
6. I am perfect in God’s eyes, and I’m improving everyday. Growing into a better version of myself is a blessing and I am grateful for the experiences that have made me who I am.
7. I am happy with who I am, what I’ve done, what I have, and what I’ve accomplished.
8. There’s no such thing as bad days, just less favorable moments.
9. The mistakes I’ve made are not who I am. I deserve grace and I deserve forgiveness, even if it’s just my own.
10. Asking God “why me?” is the equivalent to asking him “why not someone else?”. Instead, I will ask God what he’s trying to teach me.
11. I am committed to doing something that will allow me to be a light in someone’s life daily.
12. I am healthy, I am wealthy, I am loved, I am cherished, I am cared about.
13. My ideas and my thoughts matter just as much as anyone else’s. My voice matters.
14. I have an established place in this world. God has placed me here for a reason.
15. There are positive opportunities on the horizon and I am ready to receive them.
16. Any negative self-talk I participate in is not welcome. I will curtail any negative thoughts, and instead will interject positive energy and light wherever I need it.
17. Taking a second to breathe and allowing myself a break is not going to cause me to miss anything. A few moments of self-care can only enhance my life.
18. God knows the full story and because I trust him, I know I have nothing to fear. I relinquish all control, as I do not want to do anything to veer from the course.
19. I will seize every moment and every opportunity that comes my way, understanding that everything that’s meant for me will not miss me. I will not feel bad for the things that I achieve.
20. All that I need is right here, within me.