Regional women-owned, minority firm to provide event design, production, fabrication and management services
The Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee for the Democratic National Convention announced on that LeapStarr Productions, a regional, woman- and minority-owned event design, fabrication and production company, will be the Host Committee’s official event producer for PoliticalFest. LeapStarr will be required to provide event design, production and management services for PoliticalFest, a one-of-a-kind, multi-day festival celebrating political history, government and the road to the White House. The event will be open to the public.
“PoliticalFest will be a memorable way for the public to be part of the Convention fun in town, and LeapStarr’s experience producing unique events make it a good fit to help ensure PoliticalFest is a success,” said Kevin Washo, Executive Director of the Philadelphia 2016 Host Committee. “LeapStarr will help the Host Committee fulfill its goal of working with regional businesses while making this the most diverse Convention yet, and we look forward to putting on PoliticalFest with them.”
“LeapStarr is both honored and humbled to be selected as the official event producer of PoliticalFest. When Joel and I founded the company, we had big dreams, but having the opportunity to be part of such a historic political event in our hometown is certainly a privilege beyond our wildest expectations,” said Elizabeth Jenkins-Santana, CEO of LeapStarr Productions. “Together with our team, we look forward to representing Philadelphia on a national platform by providing attendees with innovative and memorable experiences.”
LeapStarr Productions offers in-house design and fabrication services and has produced events of various scales and budgets, including a number of experiential marketing activations. The company is made up of a team of results-driven artists, creatives and visionaries with an in- house staff of over 30 employees. Their clients include nonprofits, large-scale events, and corporate companies.
A minority-owned business, LeapStarr is committed to diversity and inclusion in all of its work and has an existing network of minority-, women- and LGBT-owned and -managed organizations with which it works to complete projects. The company will also look to subcontract with local and regional businesses as needed to provide additional services required by the contract with the Host Committee.
In order to fulfill the scope of work required of the PoliticalFest event producer, LeapStarr will dedicate a portion of its team to the project. This work includes:
• Developing detailed plans and layouts for the exhibition spaces;
• Production design;
• Working with potential exhibitors and providers to determine needs;
• Custom fabrication of different parts of the exhibit as needed;
• Assigning spaces, providing setup and handling logistics for exhibits;
• Subcontract for maintenance, security and ushering services;
• Manage volunteer guides and assistants of PoliticalFest and individual exhibits;
• Staff and operate ticketing operation;
• Subcontract for other needed staging, lighting, sound, production effects, audiovisual and other facilities and services as needed;
• Develop and manage schedule of special events and appearances, and oversee run of show;
• Coordinate and oversee removal of exhibits and load out.
The Host Committee selected LeapStarr Productions as the PoliticalFest event producer following a Request for Qualifications process that began in January.
The Democratic National Convention will take place July 25-28, 2016 in Philadelphia.