Non-profits partnering with other organizations to create social change are eligible to receive $35,000 in funding and media exposure in 2016
As part of its continued commitment to support the communities where it does business, Citizens Bank is now accepting applications for the second 2016 Champion in Action. The Champions in Action® program provides financial, volunteer and public relations support to local nonprofits. The topic for this round of funding is Collective Impact and awardees will be announced in July 2016.
Collective Impact targets organizations partnering to identify a social issue and to create a shared vision to solve it. The partnership can be between two nonprofits, a nonprofit and a school or other educational institution, a nonprofit and a quasi-governmental or municipal agency, or a nonprofit and a for-profit. The category is not limited to any one particular cause but rather it should highlight the partnership between two or more organizations working together to meet their goal.
The Champions in Action award will be presented to a collective impact program with a demonstrated history of success and measurement. The lead nonprofit should apply for the award and include metrics/results around success of the program through collaboration with another partner(s).
• To be eligible for consideration, the lead organization must:
• Provide verification of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code;
• Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less; and
• Program must be executed in one of the following regions: Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampsire, Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.
Nonprofit organizations working in a Collective Impact partnership are invited to apply for the Champions in Action award to be announced in July. Applications can be completed online at www.citizensbank.com/community/champions and must be submitted by Friday, February 26, at 5 p.m.
Champions in Action is part of Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities, the bank’s program designed to enhance quality of life and economic vitality in local communities. It provides support for small nonprofit organizations to recognize their contributions to communities throughout Pennsylvania.
The selected Champion in Action will receive:
• A $35,000 contribution in unrestricted funds from Citizens Bank;
• Media coverage from NBC10/Telemundo62, Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily News and Philly.com; including public service announcements and television profiles over the course of six months;
• Volunteer support from Citizens, NBC10/Telemundo62, Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily News and Philly.com colleagues;
• The opportunity for the organization’s executive director to participate in a “Executive Mentoring” mentorship with Citizens Bank leadership;
• Extensive public relations support;
• Promotional support highlighting the Champion in Action on all Citizens Bank branch DCN screens and on its ATMs;
• Exposure on both Citizens Bank, NBC10/Telemundo62, Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily News and Philly.com websites.
For more information about the Champions in Action program, visit here.
Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities is part of the bank’s broader Citizens Helping Citizens program addressing five key areas: hunger, housing, economic development, financial education and volunteerism. Get more information about Citizens Bank’s community initiatives online.