Which stars made the best tressed list?
Once again, the Sally Beauty Supply Best Tressed® annual survey names top celebrity styles-and those that fell short of fabulous.
Lady Gaga's over-the-top hair- styles were voted least favorite for the second year in a row. This year's survey found that women love the luscious locks of songstress and "American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez. Tom Selleck rose to the top of the pack in the men's category, while David Hasselhoff's retro do was rated as the worst. Halle Berry's hot-mom hairstyle was overwhelmingly voted the best of the nominees in the Pixie Cut category.
The survey participants also divulged their own personal dos and don'ts of hair care. Some interesting results include:
- Twenty-six percent of women chose "shiny" as the one thing they want their hair to always be. "Smooth" and "curly" tied for second, with each receiving 24 percent of the vote.
- Almost 60 percent of women turn to their hairstylist for special day style recommendations. Twenty-nine percent choose their style based on trends and 11 percent look at celebrity photos.
- Forty-two percent of women do not look at reviews prior to purchasing a new styling tool.
- Thirty-two percent of women say $20 is the most they would spend on a beauty product, while 20 percent say $10 is their limit.
- Seventy-five percent believe the right products and style can take five to 10 years off their look.
- Sixty percent of women say price has the biggest influence on what product they buy. Twenty-seven percent purchase products based on hairstylist recommendations.
The survey was commissioned by the largest retailer of professional beauty supplies in the world, Sally Beauty, with over 2,900 stores that offer the salon professional and the consumer over 6,000 salon-quality products for hair, nail and skin care.
For more information, visit www.SallyBeauty.com or call (800) ASK-SALLY.
Nelson Mandela, who became one of the world’s most beloved statesmen and a colossus of the 20th century when he emerged from 27 years in prison to negotiate an end to white minority rule in South Africa, has died. He was 95.
+ ROAD AND RIDES
If your arm goes numb and your speech is slurred, you know you need to seek immediate medical attention. When you nick yourself shaving, you know you can deal with it yourself. But for the vast number of maladies in between...
“I Am Troy Davis,” coauthored by Jen Marlowe and Davis’ sister Martina Davis-Correia, tells the intimate story of an ordinary man caught up in an inexorable tragedy. From his childhood in racially-charged Savannah; to the confused events that led to the 1989 shooting of a police officer...